What Do We Offer?
A reliable test, more than 99.9% accurate, performed with a smear inside the mouth using a cotton swab to collect saliva.
• Paternity (father and 1 child)
• Full paternity (father, mother, 1 child)
• Maternity (mother and 1 child)
• Twinning test (2 twins)
• Grandparent (1 grandparent and 1 child)
• Uncle / Aunt (1 uncle or 1 aunt and 1 child)
Who is the DNA Paternity Test for?
Anyone wanting definitive proof as to the identity of an individual or to confirm family ties.
What is the process?
1. A kit will be mailed to you within 48 to 72 hours. It is important to follow the instructions carefully. For more information, please call 819-790-9568.
2. Perform the sampling as directed.
3. The withdrawal and the signed consent shall be sent by post.
4. Within 2 to 3 weeks after sending, the report is sent by e-mail in PDF format.
Legal Testing Process (400$)
- You will book an appointment at the Clinic at 1-819-790-9568 in order to come and do the paternity test (saliva) with our health professional.
- The sample will be sent to do the lab.
- Results will be sent directly to your home or by email within 2 to 3 weeks of the reception of the sample.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should do the test?
During a paternity test, the alleged father and the child must undergo the test.
Does the mother's DNA need to be tested?
For a DNA test between a father and a child, the mother’s DNA is NOT required. But in some cases, a sample of the mother can be requested.
What is the minimum age for the child?
There is no minimum age for DNA testing. The results are accurate from birth.
Is a blood sample better than the oral specimen?
No. Oral sampling offers the same reliability as blood sampling. As DNA is the same throughout the human body, it is easy to use several varieties of biological samples (skin, bone, hair, etc.) to make the analysis.
Are paternity tests ongoing?
Only DNA tests supervised by a health professional, known as legal testing, are eligible for ongoing testing. A test done at home would not eligible for ongoing testing.